Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Ricky gone

Before I tell you what happened, let me explain. When I was 3-4 years old, I got a new friend, a dog named Ricky. Ricky was a Yorkshire Terrier. He was very much like a shark because he would attack you if you put your hand over his head, etc. The first day I had him, I remember eating breakfast in the kitchen, and my mom was gone but I was with my grandmother in the house. Suddenly the front opened with my mom having a surprise that's when Ricky started running toward me when I saw him (this was when I was 3-4 years old). Ricky was a great dog but a very vicious one, too.

Thursday, June 17th,Ricky died from heart worm. He was about 11 to 12 years old when he died. In 1999 and 2000 two ex-racing greyhounds also came. Neo who we adopted in 1999 who is black all over and has a white star on his chest and white paws. Oaky Destry which we changed to Destiny. Destiny was black and white with cow looking eyes. Destiny learned how to bark in a year which was very unusual for a greyhound. Neo was and is always very quite, if you, lets say, go and pet him he looks straight at you with his normal face and sniffs you, then it seems like he wants to lick you but is too embarassed because he licks his mouth in a quick way, and then looks down.

Neo is eight now, Destiny is six. Neo will be turning nine in October and Destiny seven in September. I hate to say and regret saying it but I thought Neo was going to die first because he would and still has seizures. The seizures are sarting to go away though, hasn't had them in a long time. The two greyhounds are very lazy; they sleep all day and just wait when it's lunch or dinner time. Ricky was always on guard. If anybody would pass by the house and I mean like if they were just on the sidewalk, he would bark till the person was a mile away. He would always try to chase the greyhounds when they would race in the backyard, he and Destiny would do something very odd. When the dogs were sleeping Destiny would sleep on Ricky's dog bed, which was about the size of a pillow, and Ricky would sleep on Destiny's dog bed, which was about just as wide as a matress, but a circle and a little bit bigger.

Ricky was the one who really made the liveliness out of the three: he would always bark as I said before, he would whyne so he could have some of your food, etc. Now that Ricky's dead it would be a bit boring with the other two greyhounds just sleeping there not really doing anything.


I hope Ricky is happy right now, wherever he is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home